VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ja524

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I have been using DOS box for a while, but would like to edit the preferences, e.g screen resolution. I cant see a preferences file anywhere on my mac - any ideas? I only have a changes, authors, news & readme text file in my dos box folder. But no dos box .73 preferences file. When Ive read the dos box.conf page at dosbo.com that deatils what I should be seeing, but like I say I cant see this file anywhere - what am I doing wrong?

What Im trying to achieve is the following. I press ctrl+Alt & it makes it go full screen, but the game I play has a black band about an inch wide down either side of the screen & Id like it to occupy the full 21" of the imac widescreen - would the preferences file do this?

Many thanks

(edit by Dominus: changd title from "DOSbos Preference on IOS X" and moved to Dosbox forums )

Reply 1 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ask DOSBox questions in the DOSBox forum. This one is about emulating old Macs, not DOS.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

1st of all use 0.74 (or 0.74-1) and read the readme that comes with it.
2nd "~/Library/Preferences/DOSBox 0.74 Preferences"
3rd Dosbox issues always in the Dosbox forums (no mod power in this forum or I would move it - another mod will hopefully move it 😀)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 4, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

IOS X? You mean Mac OS X... IOS is for Ipod, IPhone and IPads only. From Lion on you'll have first to enable hidden files and folders to be visible, and then you'll be able to find it.