VOGONS

First post, by ehmjay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone...

I have a bunch of old Sierra games I want to play on my mac. I decided that Dosbox would probably be the best choice. I've installed everything and read a guide on how to mount everything but man...its a lot of steps. Does anyone know of a way I can make it so that it is more automated?

Right now I'm playing LB2 and plan to install KQ6.

LB2 runs fairly well (a LITTLE slow...but thats okay) and I'm so excited that they work, I was just hoping there was a way to speed up the process BEFORE playing the game.

Thanks.

(btw...these are the PC versions of the game on the mac)

:: ehmjay.

Reply 1 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can automate some things such as mounting in the autoexec section of the dosbox.conf file. You might also want to consider one of the DOSBox frontends for the Mac.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 5 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A frontend is a GUI. Check out the downloads page on the DOSBox site for OSX frontends.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 7 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't think that a Mac that old would be able to handle it, even if someone ported it. I mean we are talking about pre PPC for the most part.