VOGONS

First post, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Being a big fan of Ultima, and following the advice of others, I decided I wanted to play the originals on the original machine (Apple II,) they were created for. However, I'm running into a problem. I've managed, so far, to track down & buy Ultima 3-5 for Apple 😀 I've also tracked down a ROM for an Apple IIe, and have gotten an emulator running the games. What I'm wanting to do, is actually get an Apple computer to play them on (can get them rather cheap.) However, if I'm going to buy another computer, I'd rather get the Apple IIgs, which was the last model that is compatable with the Apple II line (Apple II, II+, IIe, & IIc.) Before actually buying the computer, I decided to track down exactly what I need (ROM set, etc..) so I set up an emulator (tried KEGS32 & XGS/32.) However, despite everything I've read stating that the IIgs is compatable with the IIe, I cannot get the games to load on the IIgs regardless of which ROM I use (1 or 3.) If anyone can walk me through getting them running it would be appreciated. Or, if everything I've found is just wrong, and the gs isn't compatable, it would be nice to know that as well.

Thank You,

Feeding Dragon