VOGONS

First post, by guest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded DOSBox not to play games but to see if i could read IP addresses of people I'm chatting with.

I have a mac.

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

not possible.
try typing (as root/administrator) in a console
netstat -a
for the information you want.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 3, by guest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok...thanks for the straight answer. Since you seem to know what you are talking about can you tell me this...
I have figured out how to do what you are saying two different ways on the mac and both are giving me similar info. I also have other features on the network utility such as finger, ping, whois, traceroute....and I can get all kinds of IPs and I can get IP service names...however, through trial and error with some people i know, it is not giving their direct IP address...unless I have to decipher it out of some of information it has given me. Do you know any other command that may give me the closest thing to the actual persons IP address?

...and i know you are not general tech support...I just figured I would ask since you took the time to answer my first question. this will be the last one I ask pertaining to non-DOSBox issues...which i might as well check out since i have it! Have a goon one.

Reply 3 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You may want to direct anymore DOSBox questions in the DOSBox forums as this forum is about emulating Mac hardware, not running DOSBox on real Mac hardware. You will probably get more help.