VOGONS

First post, by Pyrocles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To mount the directory I wish to call "C," I think I must type "MOUNT c c:\" followed by the name of the appropriate folder on my hard drive. If I have understood the matter so far, then the next part must be where the trouble lies: Let's say that the "Users" folder on the Mac hard drive were the one I wished to call the C drive. "MOUNT c c:\Users" won't work, and "MOUNT c c:\Users" won't work either. Naturally "MOUNT c Macintosh HD:\Users" is also impossible. So what would I type to identify Users as the C drive?

Reply 1 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

mount C "what-ever-that-users-folder-is-called-on-your-macintosh"

Note: The quotes are important!

Last edited by MiniMax on 2008-05-27, 13:18. Edited 1 time in total.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 7, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You should specify the 3rd component as a path on your local filesystem. The drive letter idiom is a DOS / Windows convention. Your Mac does not have a C drive. While I'm not familiar with the filesystem layout on the Mac, I'd imagine the appropriate command would be something like "mount c /Users"

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 4 of 7, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

I don't have a mac but I believe it's /users

Mount c "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/YourName/Documents"

or, for short,

Mount c "~/Documents"

Both examples will mount your Documents folder.

In the first example, don't forget the "/Volumes" preface. 😉

Klimawandel.

Reply 5 of 7, by Pyrocles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks to all of you who have offered help. Both "Mount c /Users" and "Mount c /Volumes" work fine, but the tilde variation and anything involving a space will not work for me in DOS. Nevertheless, I am making progress.

Reply 7 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Now, if people would only learn to read.....

MiniMax wrote:

mount C "what-ever-that-users-folder-is-called-on-your-macintosh"

Note: The quotes are important!

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions