VOGONS

DOSBOX AND CLAMSHELL

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Ocean268

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok what am I doing wrong

I have a Clamshell OS 10.3.
I downloaded DOSBOX .74
I clicked on the DOSBOX and it just blink once on the dashboard and disappears.
It does not open to a .prompt or a terminal.

Any suggestions

Reply 1 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

it's not compiled for 10.3. You could try compiling it yourself from source and see whether it will work. But since many dependencies of Dosbox aren't supporting 10.3 either, that sounds like a huge work (finding the last version that works on 10.3, compiling that, compiling dosbox with that and then testing whether Dosbox works or not).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 6, by Ocean268

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

it's not compiled for 10.3. You could try compiling it yourself from source and see whether it will work. But since many dependencies of Dosbox aren't supporting 10.3 either, that sounds like a huge work (finding the last version that works on 10.3, compiling that, compiling dosbox with that and then testing whether Dosbox works or not).

I have another Clamshell, Graphite, with Tiger 10.4 install. Will that work?

Reply 6 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Glad to be of service 😀
(and I hope you don't intend to play too demanding games on either clamshell - Dosbox is a demanding program and demanding games need more power than thos clamshells can give, I think)

Oh, and if possible avoid the 0.73 version, mostly just because 0.74 is newer and includes many fixes.