VOGONS

First post, by Dimitris1980

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have connected to my mac performa the roland mt-32 device. It plays fine (i use it for sierra games). Recently i installed the virtual pc version 2.1.1 emulator and i use it for dos games. The emulator suppors cd rom drive, printer, soundblaster etc. I would like to ask if there is a way to use the roland mt-32 via this emulator for the dos games. For the installation of roland mt-32 to dos, is there necessary to do some additions or changes in autoexec.bat or config.sys?

Reply 1 of 3, by Sune Salminen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

First you have to find out if the MT-32 itself is visible to the virtual machine at all.

If the virtual machine emulates a sound card for all sound functions including MIDI and doesn't have a way to send and receive MIDI to/from the outside world, it will not work no matter what you do.

Reply 2 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Most likely it won't work.
VirtualPC emulates a soundblaster card and uses your system's soundcard as output. I don't think VP will pass through sysex and midi data. Could be though...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 3, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Under W7, MS Virtual PC can pass through the USB MIDI adapter. So maybe there is a similar solution available for Mac.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel