Apple's conversion to 64 Bit

Emulation of old Macintoshes, Mac hardware, or Mac peripherals.

Apple's conversion to 64 Bit

Postby piercrg » 2018-12-15 @ 21:24

Does anybody know if Dos Box will work with the next OS update? Apple is sending messages about discontinuing support for 32 bit applications. I get the message for Dos Box.
piercrg

Re: Apple's conversion to 64 Bit

Postby piercrg » 2018-12-18 @ 15:16

OK I downloaded the program from source forge.net. Now how do I set it up to be exactly like 0.74-1? I see the downloaded file .dmg in Finder and when I click on it it opens in the default display size, speed etc and places an icon on my dock. But I don't see a file in my applications folder. I assume I can move all my old DOSBox files to the new location of DOSBox 0.74-2 and it should work. But where is it? It been over a year since I customized the program to run exactly like I want, but I'm really rusty. Thanks for your help.
piercrg

Re: Apple's conversion to 64 Bit

Postby almeath » 2019-2-03 @ 06:23

There is also a 64-bit branch of Boxer that is being independently developed.

https://github.com/MaddTheSane/Boxer/tree/updateDosBox

It is possible that the original developer will come up with a 64-bit release this year, but he has been generally very quiet for the last 3 years.

I have found the unofficial 64-bit build to be stable and fast on my i7 system, despite the claims of performance hits.

Just bear in mind it is based on Boxer 2 Alpha and not the 1.4 release, so any issues or bugs with that have come across as well.

If anyone has trouble compiling, I am happy to share the build I am currently using in macOS 10.14.
almeath

Return to Macintosh Emulation