Reply 21 of 27, by gaffa2002

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
robertmo wrote on 2020-08-17, 16:40:

you may want to try this one
https://www.mobygames.com/game/sega-32x/black … meShotId,35395/
it has a few more levels

Thanks! I was aware of the 32X version, was just curious to see the Macintosh one. This game seems to be a pain to get running as I couldn't even find youtube videos about it...

LO-RES, HI-FUN

My DOS/ Win98 PC specs

EP-7KXA Motherboard
Athlon Thunderbird 750mhz
256Mb PC100 RAM
Geforce 4 MX440 64MB AGP
Sound Blaster AWE 64 Gold (ISA)
32GB HDD

Reply 22 of 27, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Someone at Emaculation just pointed out that Mace, a relatively new contender, was just updated to work with Warcraft. Or work better, anyway.
https://mace.software/news/

Reply 23 of 27, by Green200

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ajacocks wrote on 2020-08-13, 15:43:

Actually, Mini vMac's Mac II emulation is excellent. It's officially beta, but it works really well. I've tried at least Prince of Persia 1 on it, and it ran great.

https://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/dnld_mii.html

- Alex

yep, MAC Mini user here. the new 64 bit O/S is a pain in the back, though. I occasionally over time remember how to install DBGL. but I forgot it again. Part o the reason is each New Update to the Mac O/S, changes everything. what once a month for another update.

a mac is just a big pain in the back!

Reply 24 of 27, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Green200 wrote on 2020-09-28, 14:12:

a mac is just a big pain in the back!

That's sad to hear, really. 😢
- I fled from WinX to Raspbian, but look for a platform I could permanently switch to (I don't like ARM anymore now since it became a dancer of Nvidia).
I hoped, that macOS, at least, is a safe harbor, at least.
You know, the big three are Win,Mac, Linux.
Niche OSes like RISCOS, AROS, BSD, Minix 3 and Oberon are cool, but you can't even use them for an 4th grader's homework. 😑

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 25 of 27, by Dimitris1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I firstly downloaded mac emulators in 2007 but it was difficult to me to make them work. I did manage to run basilisk but I didn't like the result. I didn't know anything about mac gaming since then and now I am Mac fanatic with 6 retro Macs. Lot of Mac games are technically better than other formats. For instance Blackthorne has greater graphics and music directly from CD. Prince of Persia 1 and 2 have also better graphics with hires resolution. Flashback, Doom, Heretic, Monkey Island, Dark Forces etc. have better graphics and sound. On the other hand there are lot of dos games that support the amazing roland and general midi sound. I feel that it's difficult to have a good result with Mac emulation. The feeling of using a real computer is great.

Reply 26 of 27, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dimitris1980 wrote on 2020-10-23, 17:13:

I did manage to run basilisk but I didn't like the result.

What didn't you like about it?

Lot of Mac games are technically better than other formats.

There's a thread for those:
games that are better on a Macintosh

For instance Blackthorne has greater graphics and music directly from CD. Prince of Persia 1 and 2 have also better graphics with hires resolution. Flashback, Doom, Heretic, Monkey Island, Dark Forces etc. have better graphics and sound.

Fortunately some of those can be played on other platforms without a full Macintosh emulator.

Reply 27 of 27, by SScorpio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jo22 wrote on 2020-10-03, 18:30:
That's sad to hear, really. :depressed: - I fled from WinX to Raspbian, but look for a platform I could permanently switch to (I […]
Show full quote

That's sad to hear, really. 😢
- I fled from WinX to Raspbian, but look for a platform I could permanently switch to (I don't like ARM anymore now since it became a dancer of Nvidia).
I hoped, that macOS, at least, is a safe harbor, at least.
You know, the big three are Win,Mac, Linux.
Niche OSes like RISCOS, AROS, BSD, Minix 3 and Oberon are cool, but you can't even use them for an 4th grader's homework. 😑

You are aware future Apple computers will be ARM based, right?