VOGONS

First post, by Hammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It looks like this section of the board is totally dead, but I figured I would try anyway.

I was trying to run Altered Beast (Genesis) on the Kega Fusion emulator. While other games run fine, on this one it seems to press the 2 player start button for me automatically and the game always starts in 2 player mode. The 2nd player valiantly punches on his own but is ultimately overwhelmed. Has anyone else encountered this?

Reply 1 of 4, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Apologies for the bump, but I noticed this question went unanswered...

Kega Fusion has many options regarding controller support, and if I recall correctly, it actually allows you to set the same keys to both controllers - if you haven't changed the player two controller from its default settings, it may be that while you press your own buttons, the game is also pressing player two's buttons and causing him to not only start the game in 2P mode by itself, but also making him punch repeatedly.

What you'll want to do is check the options and make sure that Player 2's controls are either entirely disconnected (should be an option to set Player 2 to "unplugged") or bound to keys that you'll never use on a normal basis (the numeric keypad usually works).

Another oddity I notice, though I don't believe it'll apply to you: if you're using a controller adapter like the Super Joy Box series, and have the adapter connected but there is no controller connected to the adapter, sometimes the adapter will default to having all of its "buttons" pressed and the joystick pressed to one corner. The solution here would be to either have a controller hooked up to it at all times, or just unhook the adapter entirely if you don't have a controller plugged in.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 2 of 4, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What seems to be happening to you is that your rom file of this specific game must be corrupted. have you tryied another rom file of the same game?

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John