VOGONS

Heat Wave game issues...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by sdurren

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to get the old game Heat Wave:Offshore Superboat Racing to run on my pc.This is an old Commodore 64 Console game.I'm using dosbox and Heat Wave appears to try to run but then freezes up or just stops.On the screen that appears at freezup, it's asking me to look in files or windows- not really sure- look in turbo charge & in a certain State(Georgia,Maine,South Carolina, etc. etc.)and then in some window/file like bilge pump,compass,etc. etc. and see what four digit number that I see and enter it.I think the game might run if I put in the right numbers.Help, I'm stuck.

Reply 1 of 4, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The problem you're describing sounds like what used to be known as "Copy Protection". Older games such as this would ask you to go look through the game's instruction manual (or something else that came with the game, such as a rotating code wheel, a picture, a map, or a fake magazine) and type in information from it before the game would let you play. Needless to say, you wouldn't be able to play the game if you didn't have the original instruction manual with it.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 4 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Thanks for sharing that insight Vanessa.

*LOCKED*

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions