VOGONS

First post, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a brand new SNES that is for Singapore/Malasia/Indonesia markets only (says on the box) Will this work in the UK without issues? It says it is PAL so i guess it will?

Reply 2 of 5, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
manic232 wrote:

I have a brand new SNES that is for Singapore/Malasia/Indonesia markets only (says on the box) Will this work in the UK without issues? It says it is PAL so i guess it will?

Yes it will work fine 😀. The standard voltage in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia is the same as the UK (220-240V @ 50hz), so the power pack should work fine if you use an adapter or wire on a 3-pin plug 😉.

Reply 3 of 5, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many thanks for that, actually the plug looks like a UK plug, so I might not even need to do that, I will try it and post back if it works

My System: SuperMicro P6SBA Motherboard, Win98SE, PIII 600Mhz, 256MB Ram, Voodoo 5 5500, SB AWE 64 Gold Sound Card, Roland LAPC-I

Reply 4 of 5, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Didn't check this thread in a while.

Yes, Malaysia uses the same as UK. Even the 3-rectangle-pins power plugs are the same as the UK, and voltage runs at 50Hz. The same is true for Singapore and Indonesia. I think in Indonesia, more appliances use the 2-rounded-pin plugs.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers