VOGONS

Anyone know of any good PS2 Emulators???

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hows it going,

The only promising PS2 Emulator I've come across so far is PS2EMU. Does anyone out there know if theres anything better? I do know the PS2 emulator world is kinda shallow right now.... Bammer! 😢

Thanks!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 2 of 13, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, because when emulating you can run it on any PC (at home or on a notebook). For example I have just now bought quite a few Final Fantasy games for PSX (legall versions, not pirating!). I know PSX is quite cheap but I have no intention to buy it. I do not want to collect consoles at home. I want to run these legally bought games on PC.
If I knew about a good PS2 emulator, I would buy even some PS2 things ...

Mirek

Reply 3 of 13, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

in reply to-Why do you need one? PS2 is a current console.

Because??? Why Not???

A.)It's a challange. I'm a computer freak.... 😀

B.)Wouldn't it be nice to have all those (legal) games on one console or maybe Cpu instead of having to go between hooking up different consoles to play a certain game ? 😕

C.)Why do I want to invest in a new PS2 when PS3 is on it's way and I can emulate it on my Cpu? There awful exspensive too. 😕

😵 Waxxxz018 😵[/quote]

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 4 of 13, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A nice, proper PS2 emulator with both decent speed and the ability to run most commercial games rivalling the PSX emulators now (which are still being improved) will probably be 2-3 years' time yet. Maybe more depending how much more draconian the reverse-engineering laws get, especially in the EU.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 7 of 13, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Your best bet would be to just buy a Playstation 2. I don't see any good ps2 emulators coming out soon. I was in your position about three and a half years ago. I really wanted to play on a PS2 after playing ps1 games just fine on a PC. But then I waited for about a year and a half for pcsx2 to get better but it just didn't. So I finally got my PS2 and I must say that it was definitely more than worth it.

Just think about it, you will be playing all the games in all their glory and you will not be battling bugs, speed, and graphics issues and what not that current ps2 emulators offer you. You just can't go wrong with buying the real thing, considering that it's not expensive, but then again it's up to you to decide.