VOGONS

First post, by andre_6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was looking for them for use in an Everdrive cartridge, it reads Genesis, Sega CD, Master System and Game Gear ROMs, but in order to read 32x games it requires the actual 32x hardware.

I tried to find something like that with no success, do they even exist? If they don't, would it be possible to make such a thing?

Reply 2 of 5, by andre_6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2022-01-25, 04:03:

No because 32X games are hardwired to use the additional Hitachi SH-2 processors the 32X provides. There's no possible trivial conversion processes

Thank you, I guess I would have to get a 32X for that, oh well

Reply 4 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
rmay635703 wrote on 2022-01-25, 20:29:

How does the ever drive handle the genesis versions of “Virtual XXXXXX” games which have the cpu in the cart?

Do they not run?

it's only VIRTUA RACING that has the "SVP PROCESSOR" inside and AFAIK only the MEGAEVERDRIVE PRO that does CD games also supports the SVP chip

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think the same. Some other MD games had mapper chips, also. Like Pier Solar, I think. Anyway, that's a bit off-topic, perhaps.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//