VOGONS

Common searches

VDMSound 2.1.0 PUBLIC BETA

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 165, by ToXiCFLUFF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, let me expound upon my problem. I actually get a short scrap of sound in Blood, but then it just quits after about half a second. It runs fine without any sound though, and doesn't quit back out.

I'm on Win2k with an awful VIA ac'97 onboard chipset.

//Edit - I've also hacked the .exe with cli2nop...

Last edited by ToXiCFLUFF on 2003-11-03, 15:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Rust - a Doom mod

Reply 62 of 165, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you SUCCESSFULLY ran CLI2NOP on the executable you wouldn't be having a problem with it. Sounds like you didn't do it right. In any case the POPf fix is XP-only.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 63 of 165, by Unregistered

User metadata

I can't seem to get the new vdmsound to work. I downloaded the new version from here and installed it under administrator. It is on an xp machine. I even restarted when it told me to. It installed, however, when I right click on the .bat file for Kyrandia 3 which I'm trying to get to work, it doesnt give me the run with vdmsound. It gives me nothing concerning vdmsound. I dont quite understand why its not running.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sam

Reply 64 of 165, by Unregistered

User metadata

i had the same thing with w2k.

after properly uninstalling the 2.0.4, i installed 2.1.0
and rebooted. no sign of vdmsound integrated anywhere.

so i tried to regsvr32 launchpad.dll manually. it gave me
an error about a class not registered. (not at home right
now, and can't remember the error code).

i uninstalled the whole thing, rebooted, and tried 2.0.4
again. now it won't install at all, complains about
registering all of the bundled .dll's.

my bad or wth?

Reply 67 of 165, by Guest

User metadata

I also can't get vdmsound working. Won't let me register any of the bundled .dlls if I try to install 2.0.4 and won't let me register them manually (via regsvr32.exe).
If I use the installer with 2.1 it doesn't complain about the .dlls not registering but it doesn't add links to the right menus and if I try to use dosdrv.exe I get lots of pop-ups telling me the emulation modules wouldn't load. Again using regsvr32 doesn't help.
Running depends tells me that EFSADU.dll isn't available. However i'm using XP home sp1 and as far as I'm aware EFSADU.dll is related to encrypted file systems and only comes with xp pro. Maybe I'm not using depends right.
What really gets me is that 2.0.4 used to work fine on my machine, but afer a small incident that required me to format then reinstall xp from a disk image provided by toshiba (satellite laptop) I got this problem.
Searching the forums for this problem I haven't seen any previous relevant posts except for the one above.

Also links from the main site to the forum no longer seem to work and neither does the link to the posting guidelines, so sorry if i'm not following them.

Reply 68 of 165, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Do you have administar right to your pc ?
are you allowed to make system changes ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 71 of 165, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You're probably using DEPENDS right, adn that DLL may be the cause.
Can you attach a screenshot (save as gif or jpeg) of depends' windows with the error and all the rest?

Cheers,
V.

Reply 73 of 165, by AJAJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK. I've attached a screenshot of what depends says for DSoundDevice.dll
I should point out that the output is the same for any of the other dlls in the vdmsound directory. Only yellow icon is for efsadu.dll.

I've tried downloadind efsadu.dll and registering it before but it came up with dependency errors. However I now can't seem to find efsadu.dll for free download anywhere on the net. Again the only info I can find in the knowledge base suggests that efsadu.dll is an xp pro library.

Attachments

• Filename
    depends.JPG
    File size
    170.44 KiB
    Downloads
    711 downloads
    File comment
    Hope this is what you wanted.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 74 of 165, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, but the DLL is not a problem because it's a delay-load DLL. So the problem is somewhere else, not with dependencies.
I'll have to check the error code - have you searched for it on this forum & on google (MS Knowledge Base etc.)?
V.

Reply 76 of 165, by AJAJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, seem to have trouble staying logged in.
Searching for 0x8007007e on these forums doesn't help. Searching on google comes up with some errors relating to windows update. Seems to suggest this error message is a default for 'dependency module not found'.

Reply 77 of 165, by Thuderbird

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed this on Win2K Pro SP4, rebooted, and now cannot log into the system (the login process keeps crashing, which takes the entire system down). I can't get into Safe Mode to undo this either. However, I can access the disk from another OS. Is there any way to undo what has happened to my system?

Reply 78 of 165, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is soooo foobar. 😵 The only possible explanation would be the MSVCRT & Co. DLL's. Snover has a list of all the DLLs that the 2.1.0 installer comes with, you can try replacing those with the Win2k SP4 DLL's.

Cheers,
V.

Reply 79 of 165, by Thuderbird

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did a system repair with the Win2K CD and got the system back up and running. I think this set me back quite a bit in some spots though 😜. Better than reinstalling the entire OS at least.