VOGONS

Common searches

List of Slowdown Utilities (Beta)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 24, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So I hear. It's not my policy to hold my breath until new releases arrive though 😜 I have a feeling it'll still run slow and choppy on my PIII-550 anyways (or maybe every game I try is a problem game? That's no good either) 🙁

Reply 22 of 24, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

🙄 🙄 🙄
Okay I found it. Very promising results. Music in Hyperspeed is no longer choppy, but it did lock up on the doc check screen, so I couldn't go any further at the time. I found my manual in a box in the garage though, so maybe later I'll dig it back out from under my desk and try the game without the Neverlock loader.

I want to post more of my results, but it won't help anything and it'd be off-topic for this thread.

Reply 23 of 24, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh, damn, you don't have a debug version. That's a pain in the arse. (Harekiet, see what you've done?! I TOLD you you needed to keep it in the public release version! Bah!) Probably some undocumented call. By probably, I mean almost certainly. Start a new thread in The Guide > DOS for this one.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 24 of 24, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I think it's still there 😀
I will disable it by default though.
it can then only be enabled by the config file and only the message at the crash.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!