PC Game Compatibility List

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm not dead, still plugging away!

I was on an exercise all last week with the guard so didn't have any time for updating the list.

Haven been doing alot of "behind the scenes" stuff for the list tho:
Upgraded file server to 7TB using ZFS with RAIDZ2 (via FreeNAS).
Created Windows 7 image for compatibility testing.
Organized more of my filesystem for easier access to test games.

I'll post an updated list pretty soon.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 81 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Updated 9-14-2009

Finally finished verifying that all of the 800+ CD images I had previously created from my physical CD's were good. Now I can just shove these CD cases in the closet and not have to worry about alphabetizing them anymore. Just buy a CD, image it and shove it in there! Woohoo!

I'm currently installing each game with Symantec WorkSpace Virtualization (Previously Altiris SVS) so I'll eventually be able to add more information to the list:
Original Publisher/Developer, size of installed game, Registry keys used, Where the game installs files, Copy protection used, etc etc. Also makes it easier to move the game to an incompatible OS.

Reply 82 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Will have the following images finished tomorrow which will be used for compatibility testing in the future:

Windows Vista 32/64bit
Windows 2008 32/64bit
Windows 2008 R2 64bit
Windows 7 32/64bit

Next will be 2000/XP/2003 32/64bit and then NT4/9x.

(The above is why I haven't posted an updated list in awhile).

There's been a TON of work on the win2kgaming forum getting games working in Windows 2000 so I have ALOT of working games to add to my list.

Reply 88 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A year or so ago I had some issues with Google Docs so I couldn't use it with the spreadsheet. Did some testing tonight and looks like those issues are gone so plan is to replace the .zip in the first post with a link to the spreadsheet on Google Docs. This will make the spreadsheet more accessible. At this time I have no plans to make it editable only read-only.

Reply 91 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Updated 8-1-2011

Tested alot of games with Wine and as always Wine let me down.
Also tested some games in Vmware 7. D3D support still sucks. Stick to GDI\DDraw for games under Vmware\Virtualbox. (OGL may be a different story)
Went through alot of the broken games and either fixed some of them or verified that they were indeed broken.
Added alot of games to the list.
Tested some games using Windows 98SE under DOSBox. (Vmware\VPC still preferred solution ONLY use DOSBox if nothing else works).

Reply 92 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Updated 4-11-2012

Add more games and tested a few.
Going to try to test 10 games per day which means 300 per month.

Reply 94 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Updated 8-16-2012

Windows 7/8 64bit testing
Windows 2000 testing
Vmware 8 Workstation testing

Reply 96 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Currently deployed to Afghanistan which is why this hasn't been updated in awhile. I'll be back in a couple of months tho.

Reply 97 of 116, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

Currently deployed to Afghanistan which is why this hasn't been updated in awhile. I'll be back in a couple of months tho.

A friend of mine was also deployed there a few months ago. I think he was with ISAF mission. He didn't like the place at all and he was just a recent father by that time. Good luck and take care.

Reply 98 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm back! Got back about a month ago and have been visiting my folks for the past month. Will probably start testing games again very soon.

Looks like the link got mangled somehow. Fixed it.

Reply 99 of 116, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Haven't worked on this since after returning from my deployment I've been redoing my home server and I have a new job!

Upgraded storage on my FreeNAS server from 24TB (18TB usable) to 36 TB (28tb usable)
Restored all data from Synology 1512+ NAS and 2 bay NAS
Installed Plex on my FreeNAS server and bought 2 ROKU devices for streaming
Bough 2 more 2 bay synology NAS for a total of 6 (These are my external backups)

Now I'm slowly syncing my external backups with my file server. Once I'm done I'll be reading for testing!