VOGONS

First post, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

... was the last "official" release - and it happened one year ago on Tuesday.

Posted By: vladr Date: 2001-08-06 16:26 Summary:VDMSound 2.0.4 is out Like VDMSound 2.0.3, very straightforward installation, i […]
Show full quote

Posted By: vladr
Date: 2001-08-06 16:26
Summary:VDMSound 2.0.4 is out
Like VDMSound 2.0.3, very straightforward installation, integrates with Windows Explorer for point-and-click DOS games sound support, provides joystick support. Now also provides full SoundBlaster (FM + digital) and AdLib emulation, and uses DirectSound for sound mixing. Read the release notes for more information (http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php? … elease_id=46941 ).

Wow. 😮

Um, happy birthday to youuuuu.... happy birthday to youuuuu....

Edited by Stiletto one minute later
But the homepage says it was released one year ago on Saturday...

http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/
04-Aug-01 / Released VDMSound 2.0.4. VDMSound 2.0.4 now includes DirectSound support and incorporates full FM/AdLib emulation.

Whatever...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Heheh.

I wish we could at least include all the current updates into one package along with Launchpad and re-release. Would do alot for ease of use.....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd gladly make an installer with NSIS for everything to get repackaged. It'd be "2.0.4 SP1" 😉
Other good things to be integrated: SETSPEED, MOUSESET, and DiskWriter.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Definitely in favor of the all-in-one package. I'm still seeing people install 1 or 2 of the 3 parts then come back all confused as to why their XP still won't work right with DOS audio.