VOGONS

First post, by Pepe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know Lure of the Temptress ain't in the comp. DB but I was more wondering if anyone got this superb game to work with VDMSound? I still get no sound out from it after tried all the techniques I've found in this forum.

Puer config:

Abit Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 1.8
Alot of DDR RAM
GeForce 2 MX
Soundblaster 1024 with KXDrivers (this worries me)
WinXp Pro

Reply 1 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Pepe I know Lure of the Temptress ain't in the comp. DB but I was more wondering if anyone got this superb game to work with VDMSound? I still get no sound out from it after tried all the techniques I've found in this forum.

Same here.

Neither VDMSound, nor the Native XP emulation gave me anything. I suspect this has to do with the (apparent) auto-configuring that it likes to do, and I don't know of a work-around.

The good news is that it appears to run in DosBox fairly well. SoundBlaster/Adlib audio is pretty rough, but the MIDI seems to work fine. Having said that, using MIDI means using MIDI for sound effects as well. So music sounds very well, but sound effects are rather poor. Disabling MIDI in DosBox will cause it to use SoundBlaster/Adlib instead.

Reply 3 of 5, by ^scrye^

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everybody here!!

I have no problems hear sounds and music in Lure of the Temptress running it under sound emulation of VDMSound 😁

My CPU is not from those fast (700 MHz Celeron) and OS is WinXP SP1 but it works, really

😁 😁

Reply 4 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Pepe What exactly did you do in DosBox to get it to work?

Nothing special. Just used DosBox v0.58 and made sure KEEPSMALL=TRUE.

Originally posted by ^scrye^ I have no problems hear sounds and music in Lure of the Temptress running it under sound emulation of VDMSound

Consider yourself quite fortunate. I'm betting that it's because you're particular configuration that it's detecting audio properly. If there was some way of bypassing this "autodetect" routine, I'd bet that it would run fine with VDMSound.

...and OS is WinXP SP1 but it works, really

Hrmm. I wonder if somehow that SP1 is allowing it work properly. That would be a twist...

Reply 5 of 5, by ^scrye^

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Till now I though I have nothing special: just only SB Live! and some kind of old hardware trash.
I must reconsider my meaning and be much more kind to my old fellow PC 😁 😁

BTW: this one works on Win XP Pro without SP installed.. but I still can't believe it's just piece of luck 😉