VOGONS

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi all,

I have used VDMSound 2.0.4 for some time and it has worked better then i could hope.

I have WinXP with all the latest patches from windows update.

It has been a while since i last used VDMSound and now when i try to run my games i get no sound and other problems.

I have not changed any game settings and they all have their VDM shortcut with all the last working parameters. I even tried to install VDMSound 2.1.0 but that didn't help. One of the strange things is that my dos games no longer is able to detect any soundcards in gamesetup. It's like no port emulation works anymore.

I observed the startup of Syndicate that worked before and now i can se i line in the vdm dos window when the game starts that i don't think was there before:

DOS/16M error: [31] protected mode already in use in this DPMI virtual machine

I don's know if this has anything to do with the fact that i get no sound but i have nothing to go on. Maybe someone in this forum with more experience could point me in the right direction. Is there anyway i can test my VDMSound?

Could something in my WinXP installtion or in the latest security patches prevent VDMSound to work?

Any help appreciated!!!

--Mats