VOGONS

First post, by TeeJay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to follow the suggested guidelines by downloading the updated version of VDMsound, and the VDMLaunchpad. When I tried running Tomb Raider 1 using Glidos (accessing VDM), my game completely locked up when it got to the menu, and when I tried to ESC, or 'enter' to get a game started, my screen went completely white and PC locked up.

Before I updated VDM and downloaded VDMLaunchpad, my locked version of Glidos was working (waiting for my unlock code) except for the noises during the game. I still can't figure out how to get those working. I thought perhaps the updated version would work.

As for the 3rd item on the list of 'suggested guidelines', I don't have all the answers for those questions, 'cause I'm not sure where to get them.

I have an Intel Pentium 4 processor, 1.60 ghz, 128 MB RAM, Primary video controller is AGP, ATI BGA adaptor IRQ3, Intel Crop USB IRQ11, Intel serial bus IRQ 10, Intel multimedia IRQ 10, Conexant Comm adaptor IRQ 10. WDC WD400BB-75CLB0 dsk drive; SAMSUNG CDRRW/DVD SM3088, File Sys = NTFS. Under Device Manager, under Sound, Video, Game controls: Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Device, Media Control Device, Video Codecs, Soundmax intergrated Digital audio.

CAN YOU HELP? I want NOISE during TR1, and I don't want my screen and PC to lock up every time I try to play them.

Thanks!:D

TeeJay

Reply 1 of 1, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's a weird one. Have you asked on the GLIDOS forum as well? It's the first time somone has reported a problem with "Update 1", so it would be interesting to see if anyone else had this problem there.
You cal always erase all .dll files from the VDMSound directory (excpet for LaunchPad.dll) then "repair" VDMSound in order to "undo" "Update 1" if you really think "Update 1" is to blame (LaunchPad shouldn't make any difference).

V.