VOGONS

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

For some reason I can't get Star Control 2 to even run at all. All I get is a black screen, and not even the copy protection screen. Before, it was working just fine. I don't get it..?!

What the heck.. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reply 1 of 3, by Unregistered

User metadata
Unregistered wrote:

For some reason I can't get Star Control 2 to even run at all. All I get is a black screen, and not even the copy protection screen. Before, it was working just fine. I don't get it..?!

What the heck.. Does anyone have any ideas?

That's probably because you have misconfigured SCII. See the thread about SPEEDSET and the thread about the new EmuPPDAC module for details on how to get SCII to work with sound and at the right speed.

V.

Reply 2 of 3, by Unregistered

User metadata

The thing is, I get a black screen even when I run the game with the /s:silent command line parameter, and also when I don't use the speedset utility. Before under the exact same circumstances, the game was working fine. I don't think it's a VDMS issue because even not running VDMS I still have the problem. I was just wondering if anyone else knew what might be causing it, since previously I could at least get to the title screen under XP with sound disabled.

Reply 3 of 3, by Unregistered

User metadata

By the way, I am the same "Unregistered" that couldn't get it to work because of a lack of memory, and the same "Unregistered" that provided a download link for the game.

If I run it without using "Run with VDMS" rather than the LaunchPad then I seem to have enough memory.

But now I just get at that black screen again.

I wish I knew why it used to work, and now it doesn't.