VOGONS

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hello, I've been newly introduced to the Dosbox emulator, and I used it to play Star Trek: 25th Anniversary with absolute and unqualified success. However, I've just now tried to install Star Trek: Judgment Rites, and the music and sound don't work. I've played around with the setup, but it appears that when you save the settings, the game is unable to read the saved file or something like that. I've searched this forum for problems involving Judgment Rites, and while various people have had some problems with the game, it appears that no one has had my particular problem.
The problem is, while I'm fairly well-versed in the basics of computers, I don't know jack-squat about deeper programming issues like this. If your answer is complicated, I probably won't even be able to understand it. So, is anyone able to give me a fairly simple (or at least translated into simple language) solution that an utter noob can understand?

Reply 1 of 1, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Check if some file(s) are marked READ-ONLY. Maybe the file cannot save setup settings due to that.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)