VOGONS

First post, by giantfatiguana

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey ive just downloaded Vdmsound and it works great, but the speed of the game is too great for me to even play it, when i use dosbox i can fix this problem but then i have no sound. So far i cannot find any information as to how to run both programs together so could anybody please point me in the right direction? thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You don't - and you can't - mix DOSBox with VDMSound.

For slowing down the game, you need to find a slow-down utility that works with your game. I think the program 'moslo' is included in the VDMSound download. Also do a search for 'speedset'.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Tinkering with VDMSound advanced properties sheet CPU options may help for some games (cap dos frequency - Try to use a lower CPU usage).

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think you are better off fixing the sound issue with DOSBox, for example, if it is a CD game, have you mounted the CD? Have you run the setup in DOSBox to configure the sound? Do the paths in your game's config file(s) match what DOSBox sees?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers