VOGONS

First post, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I followed the, somewhat convoluted, instructions I found on the net to get Silent Hunter working under XP and have it running quite well now except for one problem - the cursor is excruciatingly slow, it takes about three sweeps of the mouse across the pad to get it from one side of the screen to the other.

There is a line in the Silent Hunter/VDMSound config which contains variables for mouse movement, but changing them to as much as five times their original values has produced no change in the cursor movement.

Can I speed up my mouse response or must I live with this?

Reply 1 of 5, by dvwjr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The instructions couldn't have been that convoluted if you were able to get SILENT HUNTER to function in the WinXP NTVDM with VDMSOUND...

Post your VdmSound 'AUTOEXEC.BAT' from the 'Dos Environment' tab and the 'Program', 'Arguements' and 'Runs in' information from the VdmSound 'Program' tab.

Also, use Mouse2KV.exe instead of MouseCTL.com...

dvwjr

Reply 2 of 5, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Silent Hunter has been running flawlessly for over a year now; I was surprised, given XPs usual ineptitude with anything predating it.

'AUTOEXEC.BAT':

LH C:\UTILS\NoLFB.com
LH C:\UTILS\MouseCTL.com 40,48,80,120,176,240,400,560
LH C:\UTILS\Speedset.exe +1

'Program':
E:\SILENT\SH.EXE

'Arguements':
none

'Runs in':
E:\SILENT

Reply 3 of 5, by dvwjr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry not to get right back to you after your response. Down with the flu for a few days...

If you are interested, I may have a WinXP NTVDM solution in the very near future. You could Beta test the patch for me...

Let me know,

dvwjr

Reply 4 of 5, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dvwjr wrote:
Sorry not to get right back to you after your response. Down with the flu for a few days... […]
Show full quote

Sorry not to get right back to you after your response. Down with the flu for a few days...

If you are interested, I may have a WinXP NTVDM solution in the very near future. You could Beta test the patch for me...

Let me know,

dvwjr

No problem. A few weeks back I had, of all things, the mumps (...at my age!), which laid me out for a week.

Would be glad to guinea pig, er, beta test, your patch.

Reply 5 of 5, by dvwjr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I will have to PM you on this forum and have you download the patch/install program. What version of Silent Hunter do you have. I have the patch for the Silent Hunter Commander's Edition v1.31.

If you have WinXP and SH v1.31 then we can test.

Thanks again,

dvwjr