VOGONS

First post, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Having not had success with DOSBOX for Terminator Rampage I tried to use VDMS but it keeps saying "needs 2 mb ems" despite the fact that I have setup in the VDMS shortcut config for 4 MB. I have also tried 8 MB of EMS but it keeps saying I need 2 MB. Why is it not recognizes the EMS?

Reply 1 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hazekel - have you checked that VMDSound/NTVDM gives you EMS? Can you launch COMMAND.COM, do a MEM /C and see if you have EMS?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 4, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Umm, you mean in actual Windows? I know VDMS is not a true emulator but I thought it did something to get EMS. Windows does not use EMS (only XMS) but I thought VDMS did emulate EMS. If not, then how do I get EMS?

Thanks for the help.

Reply 3 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

vdmsound emulates sound. not ems.
so if you don't have ems without vdmsound then you have to use other methods.
dvwjr is experimenting with it. You might hope that he will take an interrest in your case.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hazekel - start here: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=317966

Until dvwjr announces a better solution, try playing with the PIF-settings, and your on-board devices.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions