VOGONS

First post, by Scratchnsniff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK before you say anything, my DVD-Player worked BEFORE I installed this program. After I installed this thing, my DVD-Player stopped playing any type of cd, it just hangs. Any DVD game will come up instantaneosly. I've tried system restore and I've tried uninstalling VDMS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and nothing works? Has anybody else ever had this problem?

Reply 4 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

probably. It is just not very likely that VDMS is causing this because what it does is registering a dll. You are the first to report something like this and this could lead us to think that it is caused by something else than VDMS. ANYTHING that you installed since the VDMS installation (or even before) could be the problem. Even updates for trusted applications could cause this.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 6, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't think that's a software problem. It seems more likely a hardware problem. If that were a software issue, your drive would hang with DVDs and CDs, not only with CDs (unless your drive fails only with CDs that contains at least one audio track, and works with CDs with no audio tracks).

Try starting another OS to see if that's a Windows problem or a hardware problem.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!