VOGONS

Wing Commander III in VDMS 2.1.0

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Shoal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I'm trying to get WC3 running in VDMS 2.1.0 and it isn't working. I right-click on WC3.EXE, choose "Run with VDMS", and then choose all the settings, but it won't let me save those settings anywhere because it automatically tries to save the config file in the same directory as the executable... which is convieniently on a read-only CD-ROM.

Furthermore, when running the game without VDMS, it runs just fine... except with no sound. And for some reason, it totally skipped the whole installation process and just hopped straight into the game. Wha-huh?

When I shut off the "save settings" feature and just try to play the game in VDMS sound, the game just crashes before loading anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply 2 of 8, by Shoal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

[I acknowledge that my thread has been moved. Here.]

Yeah... okay... sorry, didn't see this forum category. I searched for a good category but jumped the gun, choosing the first appropriate one I saw. Sorry about that. Thought I was doing the right thing. Don't be mad at me! I'm so ashamed! Don't look at me! AAAAAAAAA! [runs off wailing and sobbing and slides down into a corner]

Reply 6 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You need to run the W3C.EXE with option -I in order to have the game perform its hardware evaluation, installation and configuration (at least I think it is -I. But it should all be explained in your manual).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions