VOGONS

crash

Topic actions

First post, by Matrf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all . I am tryn to play at fullthrotull . My sound is detected but when the game start it crash.

I see somekind of strange number just bellow the game graphics and the dos box or console close.

I have try whit no sound and its working , i have also try whit the other emulator link of the main page and its working.

I can't use launchpad yet , anyone got an idear?

Reply 3 of 16, by Matrf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Vlad sent me the REG file so i can do it whiout using regvr32 but my problem whit registering dll still....No oneknow to fix that on all forum i have go , i think the only solution is to reinstall or maybe repair...

Reply 6 of 16, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's REGSVR32.EXE, not REVSGR32.EXE.

You need to run the INSTALL.BAT file.
I've attached my REGSVR32.EXE. This is a Windows 2000 REGSVR32.EXE, so it probably won't work on XP.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens with this file. If it deletes your hard drive, you've done something terribly, terribly wrong, as regsvr32.exe doesn't have the ability to delete your hard drive. 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    regsvr32.zip
    File size
    13.35 KiB
    Downloads
    403 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 10 of 16, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Then insert the Windows 2000 CD, run SETUP.EXE (the one with the icon that doesn't look like a program window), and choose REPAIR!! C'mon, if an application that's installed by Windows isn't working correctly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to think to repair their installation. Also try http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 12 of 16, by DonVincenzo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh my... my first post here, and a not so nice one, (of course feel free to delete away mods)

Look mate, you said yourself:

No oneknow to fix that on all forum i have go , i think the only solution is to reinstall or maybe repair...

and then

Before reinstalling Windows i will look for a fix , i will not reintall windows for all problem

Seems kinda odd to me, besides repairing your windows installation means... well means what that means, you won't lose anything by doing so, so maybe you will be nice enough to try that kind of fix, instead of abusing of all those (nice) guys kindness and (surely precious) time?

(The only positive thing I have to say is long live VDMSound, and well that forum, seems like a pretty nice place, heck if I'm not kicked out right now I might take place in one of the unused corner)

Reply 13 of 16, by Matrf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I said that i think its the only solution(I THINK = NOT SURE) , i said it myself that i know that reinstall is the last solution. And he almost tell me that i am stupid because he think i dont know that reinstall is a solution.

wow. COU COU !

Reply 14 of 16, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Repair IS NOT reinstall!! They're two completely different words, and they mean two completely different things!

Repair: Fixes broken files
Reinstall: Overwrites all files

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 15 of 16, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

He doesn't have much choice. If it's a registry problem then repairing won't fix it (unless "repair" busts the registry, in which case might just as well reinstall).

Mathieu: I suspect something's broken either in the registry (permission/rights) or with ATL.DLL (used by all VDMSound DLL's when invoked by REGSVR32.EXE).

Make a test: close all Windows apps (that might use ATL.DLL), then rename ATL.DLL to ATL_DLL.OLD, and get ATL.DLL from the attached .zip file instead. ATL.DLL should be in the SYSTEM32 directory, although cached copy may be stored somewhere in C:\WINNT as well (do a search and rename all copies of ATL.DLL before extracting the .zip belo into SYSTEM32).

Try regsvr32.exe again with one of the dll's.

Cheers,
V.

DonVincenzo wrote:

Oh my... my first post here, and a not so nice one, (of course feel free to delete away mods)

Attachments

• Filename
    atl.dll.zip
    File size
    30.63 KiB
    Downloads
    458 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception