VOGONS

First post, by Amaris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm playing the DOS-version of "Mechwarrior 2" using VDMSound.
But there's a problem with firing missiles in the game. Everytime you're firing missiles they hit yourself as well. I read that this is due to a too fast running game on new machines. I can't say that the game runs too fast - in fact it runs as fast as on my 486 machine about 12 years ago.
But I have this bug an can't use missiles without destroying my own mech.
I read that the resolution should be set to 1024x768 to slow down the game, but I had this resolution already set and still have this bug.

I can't run the game with DOSBox because there are problems with the CD-ROM. The CD isn't recognised in DOSBox and when with a few tricks the games runs without CD, you haven't the cool music - because it runs from CD as audio track.

Has anyone a suggestion how to solve this problem ?

Sorry for mistakes in grammar and orthography, english isn't my native language.

Greetings,
Amaris

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Amaris - look inside the folder where VDMSound is installed. I think there is a slow-down program hidden somewhere, or maybe it is just a Read-Me file that explains how to use one. See if you can find it, and then see if you can slow the game down that way.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions