VOGONS

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hullo

Just installed VDMSound 2.01 with update2 and the GUI. I couldn't get MOO running in XP before. Now it runs, so thats a positive development, but i get a post-initialization error (see below):

error encountered during post-initialization <0fx0>
Could not properly initialize: unloading

Can anyone help? Is it safe to play DOS games when this error occurs?

Reply 2 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered Just installed VDMSound 2.01 with update2 and the GUI. I couldn't get MOO running in XP before. Now it runs, so thats a positive development,

Probably because you weren't giving it any EMS memory. VDMSound does that by default.

error encountered during post-initialization <0fx0>
Could not properly initialize: unloading

That sounds like a VDMSound error, rather than a game error. Can you confirm you have a valid install of VDMSound? Have you tried any other DOS games with it?

Reply 5 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered ...it works a treat now!

Well, you'll run into the "audio pause" problem, but that doesn't affect play. Your best option is to run it with DosBox, except that it seems to have problems with the CD-version presently...

Reply 6 of 6, by Guest

User metadata

Hi, all. First time here. Anyway, after reading this and the Master of Magic fix (found here: Master of Magic - solution for combat pauses!!) I figured it would work on MoO as well. It does. Sort of. Instead of audio pauses, now the sound is trying to catch up to the animation. This is based on the first three shots of the spacecraft in the opening movie. I haven't actually played to see if it works fine in there. Anyway, if you want it running perfectly, DOSBox really is the way to go. Feel free to experiment with the settings of the MoM fix for MoO. I'm sure someone will turn up something so that VDMSound will run perfectly. Best of luck.

Solitude Dragon