VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Why cryptic passage has lags and framerate drops? Blood runs excellent.... Is there a setting? (because cryptic.exe is a loader)
thank you

Reply 1 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by keropi Why cryptic passage has lags and framerate drops? Blood runs excellent.... Is there a setting?

Probably due to changes in the code made for that expansion pack. Not much can be done about it.

Reply 2 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

perhaps u know more, but cryptic.exe is 11.4 kb.... I do not think the game has any change, it is just a loader saying the engine what maps and gfx to use... If I am correct, then this could be a VDMsound bug-like thingie...

Reply 3 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by keropi If I am correct, then this could be a VDMsound bug-like thingie...

While I can see why you wouldn't think it wasn't a code change (any changes would obviously small), but why would you point the finger at VDMSound? Do you have some kind of evidence?

Reply 5 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I feel stupid 🙄
cryptic.exe without vdms (and without sound) still has the above probs... I was remembering it running ok on my DOS maschine, Blood runs ok with vdms, so.... sorry for the useless thread

Reply 6 of 9, by FoClips

User metadata

hey im new to this..
just wanted to play my old games...
and what else comes into my mind than blood...

i installed this vdm sound and the abandon loader..
now blood runs again on my win 2000 system..

i also got the music workin..

but somehow i cant fix the sound !

can anyone help me ?

it keeps on sayin in the setup :

sound blaster not responding on selected port...
in the sound options you cant choose another port...

please help me thanx

Reply 7 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by FoClips but somehow i cant fix the sound !

Win2000 has a "PopF" problem. Check the BUILD games entry (BLOOD is a BUILD game) at showthread.php?s=&postid=10183#post10183

Specifically, look under "Common Problem #2".

Reply 9 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

WAY TO RESURRECT A VERY OLD THREAD. YEAH!

I think Runtime Error 202 means "Stack overflow". How are you trying to run this game? Try setting a line containing STACKS=9,256 in the AUTOEXEC.BAT section for VDMSound.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)