VOGONS

First post, by Scoobynshag874

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I read the question from the user above and I have the same problem. I also did like you replyed and right clicked it and clicked run with VDMS. The game starts but still no sound. I have gone through the FAQ's and did everything possible. The game I want sound for is Ultima Underworld and I have Windows XP. I know I must be doing something wrong. If you can help me fix this problem e-mail me at The_Man829@yahoo.com.

Reply 1 of 6, by Scoobynshag874

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have Ultima Underworld 1 and I have downloaded the VDMS files and done everything possible to make it work. I also have tried right clicking on the uw.exe and clicking run with VDMS. The program will load but still no sound. I have ran through the FAQ's and done everything I can think of. What can I do?

Reply 3 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

the right click on the sound properties is the way of doing it. not a way.

you must first configure ultima underworld to use the sound settings that VDMSound provides.

these are soundblaster pro
address 220
irq 7
dma 1
hdma 5

(to do this you must rightclick on the ultima setup utility and run with vdmsound.)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Scoobynshag874 ...Ultima Underworld and I have Windows XP. I know I must be doing something wrong.

Actually the problem is that Ultima Underworld won't work without some hacking. Same is true for Underworld II. You can download Sir Cabirus patches (hacks) here.

You can also find it at http://reconstruction.voyd.net/ , which a great page for Ultima fans who want to see Ultima carry on.

If you can help me fix this problem e-mail me at The_Man829@yahoo.com.

Not how this board works. We share our information here so others can benefit from what we learn.

Reply 6 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Scoobynshag874, please do not make duplicate posts. You posted this same problem in an another VDMSound thread. Don't do that.

Splitting off those posts and merging them here...