VOGONS

First post, by Genfors

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm a new user of VDMSound. I have tried a few old games like The Dig and they work perfect.

I do however have problem with a really old game called Gobliiins 1 from Sierra.

I have read through the "Follow These Guidelines When Submitting Help Requests" document but still no sound.

The game supports Soundblaster and Ad Lib and the setup seems to detect either but when the game starts i have no sound at all.

I have attached a log file if that helps.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Mats

Attachments

• Filename
    vdmslog.txt
    File size
    302.21 KiB
    Downloads
    154 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 4, by Genfors

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm a new user of VDMSound. I have tried a few old games like The Dig and they work perfect.

I do however have problem with a really old game called Gobliiins 1 from Sierra.

I have read through the "Follow These Guidelines When Submitting Help Requests" document but still no sound.

The game supports Soundblaster and Ad Lib and the setup seems to detect either but when the game starts i have no sound at all.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Mats

Reply 3 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Genfors I'm a new user of VDMSound. I have tried a few old games like The Dig and they work perfect.

That's odd, as I recall, the DIG was rather difficult to get working properly (outside of using ScummVM).

Uses an odd game engine from Coktel (Hates NT).

!?
*blink*
That's because those are guidelines for reporting problems, not a guide for fixing problems.

Even if you get it running with sound, there will be timer issues. Suggest you try DosBox. Hopefully v0.60 will run it.

Reply 4 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I beat The Dig all the way through using VDMSound and had zero problems. I didn't think it was good to play through for the first time in ScummVM because it didn't support everything like the wristwatch minigames.

Most of the newer DOS-based SCUMM games work fine in VDMSound, although I had some sound issues with Full Throttle last I tried (as seen in other threads)