VOGONS

VDMS and ATI 10.12 driver

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
New member. I just upgraded from a 7800GT nVidia driver system that ran VDMsound games [Grand Prix 2], OpenGL [Glquake etc.], Build engine games [Redneck, WW-2 GI, Duke Nukem, Nam, Blood 1 etc.] just fine - to an ATI 5770 rig with the latest driver v10.12

None of the above categories of games work though I did solve most of the GL issues by dropping an old opengl.dll into each GL game folder, but have not contrived a fix for the others.

Any suggestions? Thanks..

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

if you insist on using XP and VDMSound then:
patch for WinXP/2000 monitor issues

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline

Reply 2 of 4, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks DF
the link was to a discussion of setup issues that I had well in hand before the upgrade. I also want to rule out dual-core/hyperthreading as a cause and will disable on a by/app basis to see if it restores anything. 🤣 yes i'm sticking with XP at least for the next 6-12mo. Right now I'm installing an AMD 555 with 4gb/1600 ram - maybe it'll finally be enough to run more demanding games in DosBox.. will give VPC-07 a shot too.

Reply 3 of 4, by Yushatak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

VDMSound works just fine on 32-bit Windows 7, by the way.. I use it on my netbook for games that the machine can't handle in DOSBox (later ones).

~Yushatak

I'm notorious for repeatedly editing posts, so please excuse me if new information just pops up while you're writing your post... xD

Reply 4 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You also need to use XP Video drivers as well (unless you use some other solution to output video)

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline