VOGONS

First post, by Drek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've searched, honest I have, I've seen the threads, but I can't seem to find the answers to my questions. How do I use MOUSE2KV with VDMS?

I've tried starting up MOUSE2KV with VDMS and putting the following in the "Arguments" line:

640 480 8 8 D:\Games\Panzer General\EXE\PANZER.EXE

No joy... MOUSE2KV starts up, but Panzer General doesn't. Is the problem the screen resolution? How do I tell what the screen resolution is in a game?

ASRock 970 Extreme3 mainboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
8 GB DDR3
Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB
Windows 7 64 Pro

Reply 2 of 13, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In the regular Panzer VDMSound Shortcut go to "advanced", and find the "AUTOEXEC" section. There put the entire "mouse2k..." line, and t will get started before Panzer does.

Or do as in the other suggestion, create a .bat file that invokes mouse2k followed by Panzer, and "Run with VDMS" the .bat file.

V.

Reply 3 of 13, by Drek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks a bunch. I'm assuming then that the mouse2kv.exe should be in the Panzer General root directory?

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
8 GB DDR3
Windows 7 64 Pro

Reply 4 of 13, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can be anywhere; dump it in the VDMSound directory, this way you can invoke it from any other directory and it will be found (VDMSound's dir is in the PATH.)

V.

Reply 5 of 13, by Drek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have another strange problem... I'm trying to delete MOUSE2KV.exe from my Panzer General folder. I keep getting the message that some other program is using it, but I'm not running anything with it. Any idea what is going on?

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
8 GB DDR3
Windows 7 64 Pro

Reply 6 of 13, by Drek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I put this line in the Autoexec.bat box:

C:\Program Files\Miscellaneous Tools\VDMSound\MOUSEK2V.EXE 640 480 16 16 D:\Games\Panzer General\EXEP\PANZER.EXE

The game starts, but it doesn't have any effect on mouse movement. I also tried:

C:\Progra~1\Miscel~1\VDMSound\MOUSEK2V.EXE 640 480 16 16 D:\Games\Panzer~3\EXEP\PANZER.EXE

and:

C:\Progra~1\Miscel~1\VDMSound\MOUSEK2V.EXE 640 480 16 16 PANZER.EXE

I also tried entering different numbers for the mouse speed, such as the recommended 8 8, and 12 12. There doesn't appear to be any difference in the mouse movement no matter what I do.

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
8 GB DDR3
Windows 7 64 Pro

Reply 7 of 13, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My fault, I completely forgot how MOUSE2K worked.

OK,just make a MYPANZER.BAT file that reads (one line):

C:\Progra~1\Miscel~1\VDMSound\MOUSEK2V.EXE 640 480 16 16 D:\Games\Panzer~3\EXEP\PANZER.EXE

...then "Run with VDMS" this MYPANZER.BAT, with all the default settings (i.e. no messing with parameters/arguments or AUTOEXEC.BAT, no need to).

If the game starts but the mouse is still broken then MOUSE2K loade dbut doesn't work for this game. I hope it does, though.

Cheers,
V.

Reply 8 of 13, by Drek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I get this error:

D:\GAMES\PANZER~3\EXE>C:\Progra~1\Miscel~1\VDMSound\MOUSEK2V.EXE 640 480 16 16 D:\Games\Panzer~3\EXE\PANZER.EXE
Bad command or file name

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
8 GB DDR3
Windows 7 64 Pro

Reply 12 of 13, by Drek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

*whacks self in head with nearest squishy object*

Thanks, figured it out. That damn dyslexia again... Works like a charm now... 😀