VOGONS

First post, by tfabris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

VDMSound 2.0.4, including the 2.0.4 Update2 patch, and VDM LaunchPad 1.0.1.1. OS: Windows 2000.

When I run Papyrus' Indy Car Racing 2, it works fine for about the first minute or so. At startup I get the digital voice (soundblaster) announcing "I'm Paul Page... (etc.)", as well as the engine sounds and music (adlib). I start a race, and there are engine sounds for a little while, then it all goes silent. I can exit the program, although there is no music on the exit screen like there should be.

I'm only trying to run it under VDMSound because DosBox doesn't work at all. 😀

I've tried messing with just about every setting in the properties of the VDMSound shortcut, and I get the same results no matter which settings I choose.

Any ideas?

Reply 2 of 5, by woofgm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hmm. same problem. I had a working version. THen I made the mistake of updating it. Now my Nascar1 only has sound. Can not configure icr2.

Keep Honking........................

I'm Still Reloading..............

Reply 4 of 5, by tfabris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Solved the problem. Needed to change it from "Wave Mapper" to "Direct Sound" to get it to work.

I had originally changed it that way to solve the problem of the game running slow with stuttery sound. It was one of several changes I was making trying to solve that problem. Once I solved the slow/stutter problem, then the sound-stops-after-a-minute problem came up.

Now it works fine on both counts.