VOGONS

Discworld 2

Topic actions

First post, by Guest

User metadata

When running DW2 with VDMS, it says it is missing the CD. What do I do?

Reply 4 of 12, by Guest

User metadata

O-o-o-h, I did read. But I don't have VESA support, so I need VDMS.
In the HOTU version, the music and speech have been ripped off (to reduce the download size, they say).
Well, I would gladly (to be honest - sadly) put up with no music/speech, if only I could make the game run.
It seems like a lost battle, what do you think?
P.S. And it hurts all the more so, because i made Discworld 1 (also from HOTU) run with VDMS with music and speech, just imagine! On a day like this one could simply hang himself.

Reply 5 of 12, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just run DW2 with VDMSound, and just as the game starts (before the VESA error appears) press ctrl+enter to go in full-screen mode. You will also need mouse2kv, search for it.

Cheers,
V.

Reply 6 of 12, by Guest

User metadata

I have mouse2kv on it's own: mouse2kv_v01.zip - stored, but not installed .
I did not unzip it because:
Then there is also mouse2kv.exe within the VDMSound directory.
Do I make a new .bat file which I should then run with VDMS?
A file like this: Mouse 2kv 640 480 8 8 dw2.bat?
And then run it it with VDMS, and press ctrl-enter quickly before the VESA error?
Please, don't be angry, I am a very new newbie.

Reply 7 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Seems about right - but mind you, I have not used MOUSE2KV, so I have no real experience.

I am a little bit unsure about the dw2.bat thingy. The mouse2kv.rtf file only mentions an EXE-file:

> MOUSE2KV.EXE XRES YRES XMULTI YMULTI PROGRAM.EXE

But try the dw2.bat, and if that does not work, hack the BAT-file to run the EXE with mouse2kv.
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 12, by Toinette

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

[/b]To everybody concerned
No, it does not work this way (mouse 2kv 640 480 8 8 dw2.exe).
The game still "cannot locate the Discworld CD".
I hope that somebody still hopes that we will find the solutioun, as regards HOTU's CD ripped version.

Reply 9 of 12, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Read the HOTU readme very carefuly; there was some english.idx file or some config file you had to modify; I finished HOTU's DW2 with VDMSound so it works for sure, just try to get the setup right.
V.

Reply 10 of 12, by Leolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can download another version here:

** LINK REMOVED ** No warez, please! - Stiletto, moderator **

Oops, sorry. I forgot direct links aren't allowed.

Well, you can still find the game if you download either eMule or edonkey and search for the title of the game that is mentioned in this thread.

Cheers.

Last edited by Leolo on 2004-03-03, 15:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vladr wrote:

Read the HOTU readme very carefuly; there was some english.idx file or some config file you had to modify; I finished HOTU's DW2 with VDMSound so it works for sure, just try to get the setup right.
V.

Yup, this one:
Re: Discworld

Actually, that whole thread is informative.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 12 of 12, by Pashitos!

User metadata

I have a CD version of DW2 and Win2k installed. With VDMSound the game starts and freezes, turning off my monitor.

In native Win98 sound is working strange (choppy) - as for Win version of the game. As for DOS version of DW2 in Win98, it is not starting, `cause my `video card is not supported`.