VOGONS

First post, by woofgm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After much frustration, and many e-mails to VLad. ( Thanks for your time ) I got sound once again in Nascar 1 & ICR2 dos games.

Well, I use XP, and with VDMS the DOS ICR2 & Nascar 1 works fine. I also used the VDMSLaunchpad, found at http://vdmsound.sourceforge.net/files/VDMSLau … ad.v1.0.0.7.zip .
Important: to run the .vlp file (created by VDMSLaunchPad, it is similar to .pif files), you should check the environment variables (Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System -> Advanced ->Environment Variables), and edit your personal TEMP and TMP variable to be the same as the systems TEMP and TMP variable (usually C:\WINDOWS\TEMP).About the sound: you must run the Setup.exe with VDMS, and for me the autoconfiguration worked well. If not, you may play with the audio settings in VDMS.About the screenshot: right click on the .vlp file, then Properties ->VDMSound -> Advanced... -> Program, then at the Windows shortcut keys uncheck PrtSc, and it will work on the game.In the same window you can add -h to the Arguments, to get VESA resolution. Maybe you should check Enable basic VESA support in the Compatibility window, and install/uninstall UniVBE driver, or run UVconfig with VDMS. In my home PC it works fine running xp 1.1ghz chip, 128 mb ram - worked real easy.

Keep Honking........................

I'm Still Reloading..............