VOGONS

First post, by .

User metadata

Even with VDMS installed its seems impossible to get past the CD read errors. Is there a way to emulate a CD rom within an emulated DOS session in XP?

Reply 2 of 3, by Alice_d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I had the same problem as probably you have. There is a File Error at startup!
I experimented a little bit with Doxbox and it worked 😁 Sometimes it jerkes a bit but hey you can play it. I'm using The D-Fend v2 Frontend for Dosbox. I attached the profile of my Fifa96. You just have to import and customize it. You need your FIfa96 folder twice. One folder has to mounted as cdrom drive under the section Mounting. The path to the other folder is used to tell DOsbox where to find the game executable - fifa96.exe usually.
Hope you will have success!

Attachments

• Filename
    fifa96.zip
    File size
    810 Bytes
    Downloads
    962 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 3, by Suppawer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alice_d wrote:

You just have to import and customize it. You need your FIfa96 folder twice. One folder has to mounted as cdrom drive under the section Mounting. The path to the other folder is used to tell DOsbox where to find the game executable - fifa96.exe usually.
Hope you will have success!

Do you have any picture of "Mounting option" for do it?.... I don't understand "You need your FIfa96 folder twice. One folder has to mounted as cdrom drive under the section Mounting. The path to the other folder is used to tell DOsbox where to find the game executable - fifa96.exe usually". A picture can help me....