VOGONS

First post, by Leo-V

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Perhaps I'm a little unwell, but I finally got Falcon 3.05 working on WinXP using VDMSound - thanks to the great resources across the internet. All works well, including my Force Feedback 2 joystick! However, the radio messages are garbled, and only when set through "PC Speaker". I get nothing when setting is "Sound Blaster". I've also tried tweaking EMS memory setting - nothing.

Tried DOSBox, but boy is this emulator slow. I'm running on a Dell Insprion 7000 (300MHz) laptop. Not exactly a "young" machine, but forget DOSBox on this hardware, regardless of the radio messages almost working.

I would appreciate your assistance.

Leo-V

Reply 2 of 5, by happyloaf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How is your joystick recognized? Is it full support with throttle wheel or just 2 buttons? I too can't get the radio messages to work and I do not know how to configure the sound in VDMSound. I can get sound is Dosbox but no joystick.

Reply 5 of 5, by happyloaf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just typed dosdrv to load the VDMSound. Then I typed falconcd and it loaded up no problem. No memory tweating or anything. you can also just double click the icon with all the setting set to auto and it'll work as well.