VOGONS

First post, by sirlemonhead

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry if this comes across as spamming...

I've started an online petition to attempt to get Atari to release the source code for Blood.

With the source code, the game can be ported to newer operating systems, meaning all our problems getting the game to run properly will be gone. The game would be playable with no extra configuring of your system, and OpenGL rendering, high res textures, model support and other advanced features such as internet play would be available.

If you're familiar with the Duke Nukem 3D ports, then Blood could be just as good as those are. JonoF, who makes the most advanced and up to date Duke3d Port, as expressed interest in porting Blood for us.

Sign the Blood source code release petition

Thanks guys 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, I have never ever heard that any online petition has achieved anything. I think it would be much better to write normal letters to Atari - it is usually taken far more seriously than online stuff (it shows the the writer was prepared to invest something in the letter - sending a mail or adding a name to an online petition is far too easy). But even so I am rather pesimistic.

These are just my opinion, I will be glad if your success will prove me wrong.

Mirek