VOGONS

First post, by poorbusker

User metadata

I have TIE Fighter Collecter's CD and have installed VDMSound. I used the right-click "run with VDMSound" option on the TIEAUTO.exe file. I then had the program aouto-detect a sound card, which it did. Everything sounded great and I saved the configuration. Then I went to TIE.exe and once again used the right-click "run with VDMSound" option. It loaded VDMSound then have the following response

ERROR #3

"You must insert TIE-Fighter CD into your cd-rom drive. If the CD is already in the drive and you still get this error, then make sure you cd-rom drivers are loaded..."

my drivers are loaded and TIE-Fighter was in the CD-Rom drive. please help me find out whats wrong.Thanks

Reply 3 of 4, by epressman617

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had the same problem and this worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much! I love this game and would have been heartbroken if I couldn't play it after finally getting my hands on a copy again. many thanks.....

Reply 4 of 4, by postal_slave

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have done all of this, yet when i go to detect the soundcard, it still fails to detect it, and i cannot get sound........please help me.... 😢 😠

oh yeah, I'm running windows XP, and Tie Fighter collectors ed.

i've installed VDMSound.......and gotten rid of the REM on the

REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

line.......i still cannot get anything to work.......the game runs, but still no sound..... 😵