VOGONS

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed VDMSound 2.1.0 for use on my Windows XP (Home Edition) computer. It worked fine for my purposes, but after I uninstalled it (using "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel) and rebooted my computer, Windows Security Center (included with the recent XP SP2 upgrade) began popping up (in the System Tray in the lower-right corner of the screen) to inform me that it could not detect my Firewall or Virus Protection software (I use ZoneLabs Zone Alarm and Norton AntiVirus). When I re-installed VDMSound 2.1.0, the problem disappeared.

It seems that something in the Uninstall process is interfering with Security Center or the operating system as a whole, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to determine what. Is anyone aware of this problem? If so, is there a way to uninstall VDMSound 2.1.0 safely? Right now I'm keeping VDMSound 2.1.0 installed to avoid any problems, but I'd feel better if I knew what was going on and/or how to correct it.

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sounds coincidental to me. I'll look into it but why not just stop the Security Center service?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by NightFright

User metadata

Well I have just removed VDMS under WinXP SP2 and had absolutely no problems afterwards... great that every system is so different, isn´t it? 😁 I´m using XP Pro, though.

Perhaps you should just deactivate your Security Center/Firewall b4 you install VDMS. It may be that it can be removed afterwards correctly then.