VOGONS

Star Trek A Final Unity - Sound clipping

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi, I'm running Star Trek A Final Unity with VDMSound but all audio has this annoying sort of clipping sound like a CD that's palyig but ever so slightly skipping rythmically (the CD is fine - worked in Win98). It does this even running it using a normal windows shotcut in Win9 compatibilt mode.

Anyone what the ideal VDMSound setting would be to eliminate the problem? I've tried putting the audio buffer up to 200ms with no noticable affect.

Cheers

Reply 1 of 1, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Unregistered wrote:

Hi, I'm running Star Trek A Final Unity with VDMSound but all audio has this annoying sort of clipping sound like a CD that's palyig but ever so slightly skipping rythmically (the CD is fine - worked in Win98). It does this even running it using a normal windows shotcut in Win9 compatibilt mode.

Anyone what the ideal VDMSound setting would be to eliminate the problem? I've tried putting the audio buffer up to 200ms with no noticable affect.

Cheers

Are you using LaunchPad? If yes, then first try to go under Advanced Properties, under Performance, and change the DMA parameters from 5/15 to 2/5 or 1/3, see if taht improves things (if not using LaunchPad simply look for DMAPeriod in VDMS.INI and change the values from 5 and 15 to 2 and 5, etc.). You can also try increasing buffering from 75 to 750 (200 may not make such a big difference), see if the problem goes away, then work your way down until sound is more or less in sync again but without having the "skipping" problem.

V.