VOGONS

Duke 3D with VDMS

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 32, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Dijeeh ... and thus VDM settings dont come into play when rr1.exe is run.

Thus, i get IRQ conflict error if sound is on

Dijeeh, did you ever find what was interfering with VDMSound? You were referring earlier to using Cli2Nop in XP.

I pointed out that shouldn't be necessary in XP and asked about GIVEIO.SYS. You said it wasn't there, but if you're still having these kinds of problems, then something is interfering with your OS.

Reply 22 of 32, by Dijeeh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Right now im no longer having problems with anything.

For the first time in its history this BB remembered my login.

I didn't change a thing now it works 😀

Well , games lockup on the first sound being played without me using CLI2NOP

When i use it, i have no issues at all, as far as im concerned, the problem is solved!

On a fresh format of XP Pro by the way, nothing has been installed that would take over sound or interfere

Reply 23 of 32, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Dijeeh When i use it, i have no issues at all, as far as im concerned, the problem is solved!

Well, that's good to hear, but I'm convinced that's temporary. Kind of like driving a new car that makes constant "THUMP-THUMP-THUMP" sound when you drive it. It may seem to run properly, but still..."it ain't right".

On a fresh format of XP Pro by the way, nothing has been installed that would take over sound or interfere

It's just the last time something like this came up, we got the same kind of responses and it did turn out to be a minor program that had been installed (but they were convinced it wasn't related).

Reply 29 of 32, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think the thread has gotten off-track. As I understand it, "Unregistered" used the original Cli2Nop and it's not working well. My guess for the next step would be to re-install Duke3D (NOT Cli2Nop'ed). Then run Snover's modified CLi2Nop on it.

BTW, Dijeeh "Redneck Rampage" was covered pretty thoroughly in this thread:
showthread.php?threadid=474

If you still can't figure it out start a new thread and we'll see what we can do. Can't afford to mix different games/people in the same thread, it's a "Confusion Generator".

Reply 31 of 32, by Dijeeh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:
I think the thread has gotten off-track. As I understand it, "Unregistered" used the original Cli2Nop and it's not working well. […]
Show full quote

I think the thread has gotten off-track. As I understand it, "Unregistered" used the original Cli2Nop and it's not working well. My guess for the next step would be to re-install Duke3D (NOT Cli2Nop'ed). Then run Snover's modified CLi2Nop on it.

BTW, Dijeeh "Redneck Rampage" was covered pretty thoroughly in this thread:
showthread.php?threadid=474

If you still can't figure it out start a new thread and we'll see what we can do. Can't afford to mix different games/people in the same thread, it's a "Confusion Generator".

Don't worry , It works , There is no problem anymore, NOLFB solved the problem with DPMI error and VDM gives me sound.

Problem over !

The dij speakes wisdom once more.....