VOGONS

First post, by slavko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use impulse tracker and VDMSound under windows 2k (sp1).

the sound kinda works but the strange problem is that i have a delay with hitting the up/down/left/right keys!! the others seem to work fine, just these arrows are delayed and are repeating really slowly!!

probably not vdms related but i'm desperate:)

thanks!

Slavko

Reply 1 of 5, by Clinton

User metadata

Hey.

Are you running Windows XP or Windows 2000, I had problems with IT in Windows XP and downloaded the latest drivers from
http://www.soundblaster.com and it fixed the problem.

I had other problems with games running sluggish, and downgraded to Windows 2000 and not a days problems.

Try what I said out.

Cheers.

Reply 2 of 5, by slavko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using Windows 2000 with servicepack 1, dont have a soundblaster, shouldn't matter.

basically i don't have a sound problem, cuz i just checked and the same thing happens when i dont use vdmsound at all! (it without sound, vdms not running)

the arrow keys, page up/down are repeating slowly, entering notes (and other keys) repeats normally!!

this isn't really a vdmsound issue but i thought maybe some1 using IT with win2k solved this.

thanks!

Slavko

Reply 3 of 5, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
slavko wrote:
I'm using Windows 2000 with servicepack 1, dont have a soundblaster, shouldn't matter. […]
Show full quote

I'm using Windows 2000 with servicepack 1, dont have a soundblaster, shouldn't matter.

basically i don't have a sound problem, cuz i just checked and the same thing happens when i dont use vdmsound at all! (it without sound, vdms not running)

the arrow keys, page up/down are repeating slowly, entering notes (and other keys) repeats normally!!

this isn't really a vdmsound issue but i thought maybe some1 using IT with win2k solved this.

thanks!

Slavko

Does turning off num-lock help? Also, remember taht going through the file-list (up/down) causes IT to load every file under the cursor, so extra delay will be incurred (especially noticeable when IT is playing music in the backgrund). To reduce this delay make sure you're not browing a network drive or floppy, since those are slow. Do you alos get this up/down/... delay outside the file-open and possibly samlple lists?

V.

Reply 4 of 5, by slavko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😀)))))))))))))

NUM LOCK??? what kind of a sick joke is that???:))

IT WORKS!!!

thanks i lot, i would have NEVER figured it out.

now i only gotta find out how to get MIDI OUT to work with vdmsound.

thanks again:)

Slavko