VOGONS

First post, by Guest

User metadata

So I have TIE Fighter running on XP with VDMSound's latest version, and it runs almost perfect.

I guess I'm nitpicking here... but here goes.

when trying to do the corkscrew maneuver where you press button 2 on the joystick and pull the joystick to a corner... when pulling back my throttle goes to zero, and also when pressing button 2 and pushing forward on the stick, the speed goes to 100%... weird.

Also, there are occasions where even when my finger is not on the trigger, weapons are firing as if the trigger was being held down. This could be a bad joystick (although it's a brand new Logitech Action 3 (USB). Game version is DOS Collector's CD Rom.

I'm betting I need to chance some configuration in the gamport emulation in VDMS, but don't know what I should change it to. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

System: Dell Inspiron Laptop 8100, 1.9GHz, 512 Ram

Reply 2 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Has it? I know it's not in X-Wing, but it's been longer since I played Tie Fighter. I know you can double-click button 2 to target the craft in your reticle.

Reply 4 of 4, by hannibal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

best bet is to get tie95 (a rerelease from lucas arts 1-2 years after they threw x wing collectors edition on the market) since there is an win xp compability fix for it. solves really a lot of issues and even looks better than the dos version since it even supports 3d acceleration.