VOGONS

First post, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Vlad,

picking through the PHP code I noticed this glaring error in session.php(12)

function SessionStart($cahce = 'private') {

Should be:

function SessionStart($cache = 'private') {

"Oops!"

I'll keep going through the stuff. I haven't got much of a grasp of CVS yet (just figured out how to checkout the !@#$ thing) so I'll probably post most of the updates here and let you do the whole committing thing 'till someone explains to me how the hell to do it without screwing everything up. (Plus, my SF account doesn't seem to work on the CVS...hm.)

Oh, and, uh, just curiously, why the hell are you setting a variable in the function call?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Nicht, I think that's something to do with the emulator you select.

Then it's an error as DosBox is actually emulating the video output, not just using Windows'. "Prince of Persia" for example had minor palette problems with DosBox v.4 and it displays in the report.

Reply 7 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Confirmed that choosing "Video works" (minor problems) or (major problems) will display properly, but if I choose "works very well" it doesn't appear at all.

BTW, on your "7th Guest" and "11th Hour" reports was there a point to choosing:

Joystick: Does not work
PC Speaker: Does not work
Disk: Does not work
Parallel / Serial: Does not work
Timer: Does not work

as I'm pretty sure these are either unsupported or unrelated. Were there some kind of semi-lockup issues that caused these things to break?

Reply 9 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Perhaps an option should be added like "could not be tested" because that's what it was.

Odd. Usually, they don't appear if you just ignore them.

Also, serial and disk reeeally need to be clarified.

I think he put those in there for actual PC emulators in the future (IE: "Virtual PC").

Reply 10 of 18, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Serial, though? What the heck would you really need to use that for? A bar code reader?!! 😜

Anyway, here's something interesting: Vlad still hasn't responded to this, and it's about his stuff. 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 11 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Serial, though? What the heck would you really need to use that for? A bar code reader?!! 😜

Beats me. You never know. I never saw a reason for emulating the parallel port on the ST/Amiga emulators. Turns out people were using it with some older games that would actually print out a "Certificate of Completion" if you actually finished the game.

Snover wrote:

Anyway, here's something interesting: Vlad still hasn't responded to this, and it's about his stuff. 😀

Yeah. If he keeps this up, were gonna have to cut his pay... oh ... wait...

Reply 12 of 18, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Serial: Maybe if you have an external modem and would like to use it with your emulated Atari ST/Amiga? Maybe you want to connect two emulated Atari STs/Amigas via serial? I dunno.

I remember those games that printed out those certificates, though. That was '733t. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 13 of 18, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Crap. Typo.

As for the setting a variable: are you referring to the ... = 'private' ? It's been a while, but I think that referred to "default value" for the parameter in case it's omitted by the caller.

I'll fix it when I get home.

And no, you can't check into CVS unless you're added to the project. Do you want me to add you? It's no problem, just PM me and I'll do it on the spot. 😀

V.

Snover wrote:
Vlad, […]
Show full quote

Vlad,

picking through the PHP code I noticed this glaring error in session.php(12)

function SessionStart($cahce = 'private') {

Should be:

function SessionStart($cache = 'private') {

[...]

Oh, and, uh, just curiously, why the hell are you setting a variable in the function call?

Reply 14 of 18, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm assuming you coded this in PHP3, since I've never seen any code in PHP like this before, and I've looked at a LOT of code. (That, or you're too used to programming in C, and, in the words of Bob Newhart on SNL, "STOP IT!")

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 15 of 18, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Snover wrote:

I'm assuming you coded this in PHP3, since I've never seen any code in PHP like this before, and I've looked at a LOT of code. (That, or you're too used to programming in C, and, in the words of Bob Newhart on SNL, "STOP IT!")

Hey, I'm not stupid! 😁 (Or at least i like to think I'm not). If I did it like that it was for a reason: http://www.zend.com/manual/functions.arguments.php :p

Yes, you're right, it's PHP3 (because SF only had PHP3 at the time IIRC), but I can imagine the same holds in PHP4.

V.

Reply 17 of 18, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Snover wrote:

Zend = lose.
I hate Zend with a passion. It just sucks.

Doesn't matter. I found the page in my .mht manual then searched on google for a [url]http://.../[/url] equivalent, and found Zend. Never been there before. Plus the manual is standard. 😀

Also, PHP3 sucks, so I'm updating everything to PHP4, biaaatch. (Mwaha.)

What's so great/different about PHP4? 😕

V.

Reply 18 of 18, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's just better, dammit! It's actually got a lot of new features and stuff that aren't in 3 that make it worthwhile. 😀

Okay, I tried and tried to attach the 4.1.0 manual but it didn't work. So I went to plan B and uploaded it. The reason I'm not linking to the official PHP site is because this is an older manual, concurrent to the version installed on this server. So, download the 4.1.0 manual.

Anyway, appendix C has information on migrating from 3 to 4.

Yes, it’s my fault.