VOGONS

First post, by jez

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK, I know VDMsound is meant to emulate sound, but it has grown into a little bit more than that, emulating older machines in general. Would it be possible for Vlad to build in a slowdown utility, possibly like Mo'Slo, into VDMsound? You could allow people to adjust the speed in %. I think this would benefit quite a few old games which rely on your computer being slow(ish) for their timing.

== Jez ==

Reply 1 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

showthread.php?s=&threadid=53

and VDMSound is a SOUND emulator. Nothing more. There are a few utlities that Vlad has created (MOUSESET,SPEEDSET), but they are currently not included with VDMSound and are really not the best solutions in most cases.

DosBox will pretty much be the future for those games that need to be slowed down.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 8, by jez

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1) Is there a way to integrate DOSbox with VDMsound? If not, useless. I need sound emulation AND slowdown 😀

2) Why can't speedset be integrated with VDMsound? They could easily be integrated through the Launchpad interface.

3) Please provide a link to MOUSESET.

== Jez ==

Reply 3 of 8, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
  1. DOSBox has sound emulation. It's just not up to the advanced level that VDMSound is at. I imagine that Harekiet/QBix and Vlad are hard working together to implement the more advanced SBPro and SB16 stuff (right, guys?!! 😉)
  2. Hopefully when Vlad does some unification (for 2.1, which really, honestly, truly will be coming soon, we swear!) of VDMSound, that will occur.
  3. Do a search, ya lazy bum. 😉

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 8, by jez

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hrm. Well, Speedset gives me the exact same problem that Mo'Slo gives me on this machine. In WindowsXP, it simply locks up the DOS session when I try to run the program after running Speedset, and in Win98, Speedset performs an illegal operation when I run it. Artificial slowdown is virtually impossible on this machine.

== Jez ==

Reply 6 of 8, by jez

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Heh, no I will not. There's nothing wrong with my installation. I'm getting a decent result with CPUkiller, a Windows-based slowdown utility, now. FInally found a way to slow down the click speed in Detroit.

== Jez ==